Zara is from Balbriggan and qualified in 2008 with a first class honours degree in Physiotherapy, from Coventry University. While in the UK She worked in both the NHS and private practice, and her work included musculoskeletal outpatients, orthopaedics, respiratory, mental health, care of the elderly and neurology.
Since her return to Ireland, Zara has worked predominantly in musculoskeletal physiotherapy, successfully treating a wide range of acute and chronic conditions.
She has extensive experience treating biomechanical and foot issues. She is a qualified Pilates Instructor. Zara also has specialized training in the area of women’s health and has completed Post-Graduate training with the Pelvic Obstetric and Gynaecological Physiotherapist group in the UK. She is a member of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists Women’s Health and Continence special interest group.
Zara is a Qualified Medical Acupuncturist (ALIED 2011) and also has a qualification in dry needling.
Zara has a range of post graduate qualifications some of which include
- Advanced manual therapy and clinical reasoning skills (Gerard Green)
- Myofascial release (Deirdre Burrell)
- Management of the Pregnant client (Michelle Lyons)
- Advanced pregnancy practioner Level 2 (Burrell education)
- Pelvic flow and freedom (Burrell education)
- The Female athlete (Ruth jones)
- Biomechanics and orthotic prescription (PPL)
- Pilates Mat work 1,2,3
- Pilates for Scoliosis, runners, shoulder rehabilitation (APPI)
- Ante and post natal Pilates (APPI)